Saturday, June 26, 2010



Meet Estali. He is a young Haitian man, 18 years old, who lives in Los Robles, one of the bateys. We had a great time talking about his faith and beliefs. I had some help from an interpreter, but for the most part, I used my Spanish. We talked about marriage, how God sees it, one man - one woman. This truth is not lived very well here amongst Cristianos. It seems somewhat acceptable for men to have a wife and at least another woman. I'm trying to discern more about all of this and continue to have conversations with others.

These conversations are leading me into opportunities to share the Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage Dvd's with pastors. God is so good and I'm thankful that Monique is practicing her Spanish continuously here, as she is motivating me. We are able to help COTN staff with their English speaking and they help us. Fun!

Today the sun is shining brightly, hace mucha calor. It is hot. Monique and I went to the market this morning to help our cook, Manuela. We took a little guagua (very small van) to the market and our driver, Jeoudi, wove us through the streets to different markets, street vendors, etc. Very fun!

It is time for lunch. More later.

Vic for the fam

No comments:

Post a Comment