Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I LOVE BASEBALL




This week we are hosting two teams from Seattle, 14-16 year olds and 16-18 year olds. They are the Seattle Bombers. Coaches, dads and players are all here to work with the I LOVE BASEBALL program which is part of Children of the Nations. I love the mission of I LOVE BASEBALL.

“Our goal is to help develop young men into leaders and encourage them to pursue an education and spiritual growth while training for a career in baseball.”

These two teams are playing games and conducting baseball clinics in the bateys. Baseball is the national sport here in the Dominican. Everywhere you go, in the late afternoons, you can usually find a pick up game of baseball. The fields are often just sandlots, open spaces where goats are grazing, donkeys wandering and sometimes horses scrounging for something to eat. I even saw some pigs wander out on the field where the players were instructing the kids in basic skills. I'll post that picture next time...too funny.

There are always little kids and sometimes adults checking out the baseball activity. Baseball draws a crowd here. Want to learn more about I LOVE BASEBALL go to: http://www.ilovebaseball.org

No comments:

Post a Comment