Saturday, July 2, 2011

Brother and Sister




A couple of days ago, while taking pictures of the motorcycle repair project, one of the guys in the repair class told me of his uncle who needed a bicycle tire. We went to meet Dominique, the uncle, who just happened to live right across the street. He introduced me to his wife and two little children, pictured above. The little boy, Alberto, was very shy towards me. I took the bike tire and wheel and told him I thought I could help him. The next day we bought a tube, tire and axle, as it was frozen. I figured this small gift was something simple I could do for him. They literally have nothing.

He was very thankful to recieve the tire and parts and I asked him if I could take a picture of his family. I also asked him if I could pray for him and specifically how I could pray. He told me that they don't have anything and his greatest need is to feed his family...thus we prayed for work, for love, for protection and provision. He spoke Creole and Spanish and I did my best to pray so he could understand. The fact that he speaks Creole told me he is Haitian. He knew about COTN and the school. Please join me in prayer for Dominique, his wife and children. I am reminded of these truths about our loving God and how he speaks of His love through the Bible.


You may not know me, but I know everything about you. Psalm 139:1 I know you when you sit down and when you rise up. Psalm 139:2 I am familiar with all your ways. Psalm 139:3 Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. Matthew 10:29-31 For you were made in my image. Genesis 1:27 In me you live and move and have your being. Acts 17:28 For you are my offspring. Acts 17:28 I knew you even before you were conceived. Jeremiah 1:4-5 I chose you when I planned creation. Ephesians 1:11-12 You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. Psalm 139:15-16 I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. Acts 17:26 You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14 I knit you together in your mother's womb. Psalm 139:13 And brought you forth on the day you were born. Psalm 71:6 I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me. John 8:41-44 I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love. 1 John 4:16 And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment