Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun and Games






I'm always blessed by seeing children and their creativity in the bateys. The games they create remind me that God has created us (humans) with curiosity, desire and passion for living. These children encouage me each day I visit and play with them. All of the Americans who come here experience the joy of the children...yes there are some difficult scenes, I don't deny that, but the joy and laughter often prevail here in the simpicities of life refreshes my soul. I'm including a little video of some girls in Don Bosco who got together for some fun hand clapping.

I'm convinced that American life is robbing children of the creativity God has placed in them. The beauty of play and relationship building in the midst of play can be a missing link for many American kids. God knows how we can reconnect with the simplicities of living...will we listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment