Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Little Children

Hello friends and family, We had just enough of a break between thunderstorms to squeeze our visits to the communities with the new team that is hear from Redmond, WA. We are so thankful that Monique is here. We missed her terribly, and are missing Ellie big time too. Ellie will be here on Sunday. When a new team comes we start their stay with a tour of COTN's office, where we meet the staff and then spend the day visting the children in the bateys (communities). Carly and I were blessed to see some little children we have been watching closely the last four years, seeing them grow, be cared for and nourished through the people God brings into their lives. COTN plays a huge part in providing all the opportunities these little one will have in life. This is where you and I come in, doing our part of lend a hand. I'm reminded of Jesus' words. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." In the photos, Carly cuddles Diego and Diana, the twins in Los Robles we fell in love with three years ago. I've been posting photos of them on this blog every year. Another little boy I met last year, Brandi, is being held by his grandmother. He is about 1 1/2 now. A new boy that latched on to my hand yesterday is Aro. I'm pictured with him. Please lift these little ones up in prayer. They are precious in sight and should be in ours too. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment