Monday, August 3, 2009

Buenas Noches! This is Sarah typing. As Erin said, today we went to two bateys, learned about them, and visited the many beautiful kids. It was fun to see their smiles, and how they immediately clung on to all of us. I met a couple of girls, all of who were 10 years old, but Jacklyn was the one who stuck out for me. Her beautiful smile was a joy to see, and I enjoyed getting to know here, despite the difficult language barrier. (: I have to say though, my spanish is getting better very quickly, considering I started out only knowing, HOLA! This afternoon after a great lunch and refreshing swim we loaded up and went to a baseball game, between the Dominican team here from the bateys, and the I Love Baseball team here from Seattle. It was exciting to watch, (as we sat in the shade) with a Seattle team victory. It was cool to see that even though they lived very far away from eachother, both teams still felt the same passion and love for the sport. Afterwards we headed home for a delicious dinner and swim. Right now were all working hard to sort through all the bags and bags full of supplies we brought for the kids. The staff is all excited with how much we brought, and I know the kids will be too.
This place is amazing. The staff are all very welcoming, and we all feel very at home. We've been learning much about the organization, and it really is an awesome organization. I love this trip. Missions are really big for me, it's something God has set on my heart and I feel so different when I'm on these trips, so full of life, it's great to be here serving the best Father in the world. All I can say is thank you, to God, to the staff here, to my teammates, and to everyone who helped get us here. Thank you.
Amor, with love,
Sarah, Ellie, and Tate

2 comments:

  1. So sweet to receive updates from so far away! Keep them coming, we are all learning to pour ourselves out, day by day... Love to all, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to hear how the Lord is using all of you. Thank you for your continual updates. We actually had to wear sweaters today....cooling down. God will continually give you the strength you need so you won't grow weary in sharing His love.... Love and miss you all. Tammy

    ReplyDelete